Deborah O. Aluko
Deborah Aluko joined The Trusted Advisors (TTA) in the year 2020 and is an Associate with our Lagos office. She obtained her LLB from Babcock University and was called to the Nigerian Bar in the year 2015. She further obtained her LLM from the University of Kent. She began her post-call experience at the Department of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Ministry of Justice, (Benin city) Edo State during her NYSC program in the year 2015. Before joining TTA, she had worked as a junior associate with a reputable Law firm that also has a sister real estate firm in Allen Avenue Ikeja and later on, as an in-house counsel with a reputable insurance company.
Deborah is result-oriented and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Her experience spans through criminal, corporate, and general civil practice. She is passionate about using the law as a tool to foster unity, growth, transparency and accountability.
University of Kent (LL.M, 2019-2020)
Nigerian Law School (BL, 2014- 2015)
Babcock University (LL. B Hons, 2009-2014)
Areas of Interest
Corporate governance and regulatory compliance
Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency
Intellectual Property Law
International Migration Law
Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Membership of Professional Societies
Member, Nigerian Bar Association
Member, Nigerian Society of International Lawyers
Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators UK, Nigerian Branch
Member, Hope for Love and Justice (NGO)
Member, Kent Critical Law Society (2019)
- Member, Student Representative Council , Nigerian law School, Kano Campus (2014-2015)
- Director of welfare (Iperu campus), Amethyst Graduating Class, Babcock University (2013/2014)
- Deputy Head of Liberty Chambers (Student Chambers), Babcock University (2012 – 2013)
- Director of Welfare, Redeemed Christian Fellowship, Alpha and Omega Chapel (2011-2012)
- Secretary, Electoral Committee Law Students Association, Babcock University (April 2012 / Bye elections September 2013)
- Chairman, Electoral Committee Law Students Association, Babcock University (April 2014)
Awards & Recognitions
Personality of the week, LAWSAN, Babcock University (2013)
Selfless Service Award, Amethyst Graduating Class, Babcock University (2014)
Selfless Service Award, SRC, Nigerian Law School, Kano (2015)
Authorship & Co-authorship
The Dilemma of Tax authorities in ensuring Tax Compliance in Nigeria, a project submitted in partial fulfilment of the award of LL.B at Babcock University, 2014.
A Critical examination of the impact on bailout of banks. Are there any implications on corporate governance? A dissertation submitted in partial fulfilment of the award of LLM at University of Kent.
Community Service/ PRO Bono
- Student representative for 2019 January Entry LLM Students at University of Kent
- Representing the interests of January entry students at Staff-Student meetings and following up on issues and resolutions.
- Student Volunteer at National Association of College and University Entrepreneurs (NACUE) Student Enterprise Conference 2019.
- Prepared and arranged conference materials for delegates before their arrival, welcomed and directed over 100 delegates for registration, assisted with cloak room duties, managed the time of speakers at each breakout session, and attended to general enquires
- Kent Union Volunteer for Pen Pals
- Designed hand-made cards with encouraging messages to be dispatched to seriously ill children
Licenses and Certificates
- Certified Board Secretaries Workshop (Masterclass) organized by DCSL, Corporate Services Limited (2020)
- Executive Course on Corporate Governance, Regulatory Compliance And Risk Management (2018)
- Workshop on Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms (2011)
- Accredited Individual at Corporate Affairs Commission