Dr. Francis Omotayo Oni (LL.B, LL.M, PH.D)
Managing Partner and Head, International Dispute Resolution and Maritime
Dr. Francis Oni holds a doctorate degree in Public International Law from the University of Durham, U.K, an LL.M in International Law of Title to Territory (International Boundary, Land & Maritime Boundaries), and has extensive experience in International Dispute Resolution, International Criminal Law and the workings of the International Criminal Court, International Humanitarian Law, International Environmental Law, International Law of the Sea, International Maritime Law, International Law of Title to Territory (Land and Maritime Boundary) and Nigerian domestic laws.
Dr. Oni has over thirty-three years of experience in Public International Law advising on diverse legal frameworks and mechanisms for Nigeria and its international dispute resolution matters.
- He represented Nigeria as counsel in the case Switzerland vs Nigeria at the International Tribunal for the Law of the sea, Hamburg.
- He led the team that coordinated and reviewed the law establishing NEPAD.
- He has handled, advised and coordinated potential cases for Nigeria at the International Criminal Court on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Justice.
- He has handled numerous high profile cases and advisory on matters bordering on the Law of the Sea, International Law of Title to Territory (Land and Maritime Boundaries), Maritime Law and the Nigerian Domestic Laws.
- Part-time Lecturer, Public International Law, Department of Law, University of Durham, United Kingdom – 2006 – 2007.
- Part-time Lecturer, Law of Contract, Department of Law, University of Durham, United Kingdom, U.K.- 2005- 2006
- National Boundary Commission, The Presidency, Abuja – 1992 – 2010
- International and Comparative Law Department, Federal Ministry of Justice, Abuja – 2010 – March, 2022
- Part time lecturer – Foreign Service Academy, Lagos – 2016