Peter Akinwunmi Alonge
Peter Akinwunmi Alonge is a 2005 graduate of the University of Abuja and called to the Bar in November 2006. His fervent belief is that every person is entitled to proper and effective legal representation irrespective of class, status, or creed and over the course of practice has acquired an admixture of varied experience drawn from a variety of interests and areas of professional specialization.
Peter Akinwunmi Alonge is adept at thinking interactively and laterally in proffering solutions to myriads of cases peculiar to each client with a wide and integrated range of specialized services across all gamut of legal practice. His experience and interests cover several specialized and technical areas of law such as Admiralty and Maritime Law, Aviation Law Constitutional/Human Rights Law, Oil & Gas Law, Intellectual Property Law, Information/Communication Technology and Media Law, Project Development and Financing, Property Consultancy and Management and all related dispute resolution techniques or litigation as the case may be.
University of Abuja (LL. B Hons)
Nigerian Law School (BL )
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Aviation Law
- Constitutional/Human Rights Law
- Oil & Gas Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Information/Communication Technology and Media Law
- Project Development and Financing
- Property Consultancy and Management
- Dispute resolution techniques
Membership of Professional Societies
Nigerian Bar Association
Association of Professional Negotiators and Mediators
- JAMB/Afribank annual academic award for excellence, certificate of silver award (1999)
- Exco of the year award (Law Student’s Association of Nigeria, University of Abuja 2003)
- Advocate of the year award (Law Student’s Association, University of Abuja 2005)
- Certificate of recognition for participation in the inter-campus moot court competition; given by the Nigerian (Law School, Lagos campus 2006)
- A review of the Legal Framework of the International Court of Criminal Justice (August 2005).
- A review of the Bill for Land Registration in Lagos State (June 2009)
- Selected Topics on Bank borrowing and Debt recovery (September 2011)
- Represented the interests of investors, litigants, corporations, government agencies and statutory bodies both in Nigeria and internationally within the Nigerian economy and in the global economy, offering both general and specialized legal services, consultancy services and ensuring strict compliance with all statutory regulations.
- Incorporation of and other secretarial services for AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited from approval-in-principle in 2008 to full-fledged national license in 2014. Also conducted the registration of the management services and banking software license with NOTAP. Drafting and review of various refinancing and loan agreements. Preparation of bank security documents in relation credit facilities such as Bridge Loan Agreements, Debenture Trust Deeds, and All Assets Debentures. Perfected documents that have been prepared by the banks’ “in-house Solicitors” such as Legal mortgages, Debenture trust deeds, All assets debenture and leases. Proffered advice on off-shore loans and collaterals with international lenders such as Oiko Credit, World Bank and so On. (2008-2014)
- Advised on and reviewed agreements (construction, bonds, guarantees and so on) for the turnkey plant construction agreement for WAPCO now Larfarge Cement Plc. Also advised on the takeover of WAPCO by Lafarge. (2008-2010)
- Advised on and reviewed agreements for the BOT project for construction of hotel and guesthouse in Abuja between AIICO and Pan-African University. (2010-2012)
- Review of construction and related agreements for Terratest Foundations Nig. Ltd. (2014 till date)
- Drafting, review and negotiation of Shareholders Agreement, Hotel Management and Brand licensing Agreements, Construction, Financing and Project Management Agreements for the development and operation of a 5 stars brand name hotel at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos. (2017-2018)